Last Modified: August 22, 2019
Thank you for using contractcanvas.com and our related websites, apps, and services (collectively, the “Services”).
You should also review our Terms of Service and our Legal Disclaimer.
For clarity, all references to “us” (and similar words such as “we” and “our”) mean Contract Canvas, LLC, a Missouri limited liability company (regardless if they are capitalized), and all references to “you” mean the individual using the Services (regardless if the word is capitalized). However, if you are using the Services on behalf of a business entity, then “you” means both you and your business entity.
Information We Collect
We may collect (or you may provide to us) information which is not personal in nature and which may not be used to identify you as a specific individual or business (“Anonymous Data”).
As a result of your use of the Services we may collect (or you may provide to us) the following types of information (“Personal Data”):
- Basic Information: Your name, business name, address, email address, phone number, and similar types of information.
- User Account Information: User names, nicknames, passwords, and similar types of information.
- Payment Information: Payment information including credit/debit card numbers, account numbers, and similar types of information.
- Your Content: You may also voluntarily provide information to us through the Services and also through other communication channels, including content, text, photos, videos, audio files, and similar types of information.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We may collect information about you automatically, including your IP address, operating system, browser ID, browsing activity, time stamps, site navigation, button clicks, and similar types of information. We may also use and/or collect cookies and other types of data files (such as web beacons and cookie-equivalent technology), some of which may be stored on your computer or electronic device for use when you use the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Anonymous Data for any purpose not otherwise prohibited by applicable law, without your consent, without providing notice to you, and without providing compensation to you, including without limitation sharing and selling Anonymous Data to third parties. We may also retain Anonymous Data for an indefinite period of time.
However, we may use your Personal Data as follows:
- Sharing with Other Users: Depending on your account settings, and the information you upload to a particular contract, your Personal Data may be visible to individuals and businesses to whom you send the contract for review and signature.
- Customization of Services: We may use your Personal Data to customize and/or enhance your use of the Services.
- Advertising: We may use your Personal Data to serve more customized ads to you on the Services.
- Communications: We may use your Personal Data to send communications to you, including marketing communications.
- Payments: If you purchase goods or services through our Services, then we may use your Personal Data to process your purchase and payment.
- Per our Terms of Service: We may use your Personal Data as provided in our Terms of Service.
Improvements to the Services
If you share ideas or suggestions with us regarding how to improve or modify our Services, then we may use all of the same without your consent, without providing notice to you, and without providing compensation to you.
Compliance with Legal Process
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Some of the information you provide to us may be changed or deleted by you in your account settings or in the particular contract which you send to individuals and businesses for review and signature. However, even if you change or delete that information, we may retain previous versions of the information for a reasonable period of time in order to continue providing the Services.
Cookies & Tracking Data
Deleting Your Data
You may request that we delete your Personal Data from the Services, but we do not have any obligation to honor that request. Please note that the individuals and businesses which received contracts for review or signature from you may be able to access or view your Personal Data, even after you request that we delete your Personal Data, to the extent that you shared it with those individuals or businesses.
European Union – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Services are designed solely for use in the United States of America. Accordingly, if you are a “Data Subject” under the GDPR, then you should not use the Services.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents that use our Services to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, especially your personally identifiable information and payment information.
However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Further, it is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and credentials.