Over 30 helpful guides!
Creative professionals may not love contracts, intellectual property, business law, and taxes, but knowing these topics will help you succeed. Below are more than 30 short guides to help you get your feet wet.
- The Skinny: What is a Contract?
- Oral Agreements: Are oral agreements enforceable?
- MSAs & SOWs: How to use MSAs and SOWs
- Templates: Four ways to get a contract template
- Party Names: The right way to identify parties
- Drafting: Five rules to write better contracts
- Signatures: The right way to sign a contract
- Digital Signatures: Can I sign contracts digitally?
Essential Contract Terms
- Scopes of Work: How to write a scope of work
- Payment: Three ways to write payment terms
- Expenses: How to get reimbursed for expenses
- Intellectual Property: Three ways to draft smart IP provisions
- Confidential Information: How to protect confidential information
- Non-Solicitation: How to prevent clients from stealing your staff
- Termination: Three common termination provisions to consider
- Indemnification: What does indemnification mean?
- Notices: Why are notice provisions important?
- The Boilerplate: 12 “boilerplate” contract provisions you should know
- IP 101: The four main types of intellectual property
- Copyrights: What creators should know about copyrights
- Copyrights: Who owns your copyright?
- Trademarks: What creators should know about trademarks
- Trade Secrets: What creators should know about trade secrets
- Contract Provisions: Three ways to draft smart IP provisions